evPulse is committed to securing users’ data. We maintain stringent data security procedures to prevent details about our users and their charging and driving patterns from being misused or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
Here's why we need each type of access:
- Enables faster sign-up and expedites troubleshooting, should you need it.
- Your car's status and home location are required to give you and your utility insights into charging at home. evPulse may also need access to the settings that allow for managing, scheduling, and optimizing your home charging (if applicable to your program).
Vehicle Charging Management and Vehicle Commands
- These settings and commands are used to control the vehicle charge scheduling (and only if applicable for the program).
- evPulse is designed to set and update charging schedules (and occasional wake-up), and does not use other vehicle commands.
Energy Product Information and Energy Product Commands
- Enables evPulse to deliver more advanced features related to charging and any other Tesla Energy products you may have. Giving us permission ensures a smooth experience as we release new features and your home energy system evolves.
More on Virtual Keys
If you are participating in a program that includes Automatic Smart Charging, Tesla requires that you install a virtual key that enables evPulse to remotely manage charging for your vehicle. Use this link to set up a new third-party virtual key in the Tesla app. The key is stored on your vehicle and Tesla’s servers for additional security, and enables all charging commands sent by evPulse to the vehicle to be verified.
The key must be enabled by the vehicle owner. If you are not the owner, send this link to the Tesla owner to complete this step in their Tesla App.
If you have more than one Tesla enrolled in the program, scan the QR code and hit approve in the Tesla app for one vehicle, then switch cars in the app, and scan the code again to complete the task again.
Tesla Security Migration Tutorial